Home or business break-ins and burglaries are a familiar occurrence for many homes and business around the island. While many people feel relatively safe in their communities a home invasion can occur at any time. These burglaries have become more prevalent in recent years. Many people are unaware of the risk of a break-in and how to avoid one. Today we’ll share some common burglary stats and show you how a security system can positively change the likelihood of having your home invaded.
Here are a couple startling statistics about home invasions and robberies.
- Almost 2/3 of home invasions have forced entry into the home.
- Homes without a home security system installed are 3 times more likely to be broken into.
It only takes a minute for a burglar to break-in and turn your life upside down. Now for some statistics that should put us at ease.
- 3 out 4 uncompleted intrusions are credited to a home security system.
- Homes with a security system installed have a significantly lesser chance of being burglarized.
- 9 out of 10 convicted burglars state they avoided homes with a home security system installed.
As you can see, installing a home security system has its advantages. Of course, home security systems can do much more than just protect your home. When integrated with smart home technology they can also save you money on your energy bills. Smart systems will allow you to control home appliances and your security system from anywhere using a smartphone or computer.
In conclusion, we obviously recommend installing a home security system, and these stats only reinforce that view. If you want your home or business to be fully protected and prevent burglary, installing a security system is the most effective method.